SUMMER SOLSTICE RITUAL
Summer Solstice, also known as Litha, is the longest day of the year and the shortest night. A midway point in the year and the first day of summer; it is a highly magical day, and invites in jubilation, celebration, harvest and abundance. The Summer Solstice it is a time to honor the light and all that has come to fruition thus far. A climax of the sun's power, and a reminder of our slow descent, returning to the darkness of the coming seasons.
This day is aligned with the sun and fire energies. It is a good time to take action, follow your passions and to walk in alignment with your truth. The Solstice gives us a portal to fully harness and realign with our personal power.
To honor the Summer Solstice energy, you can create an Altar of Light. It's effective, magical, and aids in manifesting.
1. Find an indoor or outdoor area in your home with room for a table.
2. Gather summer flowers, such as sunflowers, marigolds, any with hues of yellows, oranges, etc.
3. Gather fruits such as oranges, tangerines, grapefruit, lemons, etc
4. Arrange the flowers and fruits on your table with any other sacred objects-- crystals, tarot cards, leaves, photos, etc
5. Bring a candle (we are going to use our Create or Personal Power Mantra) and place on your altar.
6. Before lighting the candle, set your intention in your mind's eye to tap into the Solstice energy. Think about reigniting your inner fire, envisioning your personal power emanating from your core like the sun's solar energy.
7. Light your candle and stare into the flame for a few breaths, holding the intention.
8. Next, write a list of what you want to renew and manifest as the portal opens into this next season.
9. Once your list is complete, you can burn it to release the energy into the universe or you can fold it and put it on your altar.
10. Over the next few weeks, burn your Mantra Candle to completion and use the crystal to aid in continuously manifesting and bringing your creations to fruition.
And so it is!